Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Friday, April 29, 2011

Adam Herman, Missing For Eleven Years From Kansas

http://www.kansas.com./adam/        

This is a story about a child who went missing in 1999, and was not reported as missing until 2008. His name is Adam Herman, and his adoptive parents collected a stipend for him, as if he had not been missing, from 1999 until 2009, when his sister finally insisted that the adoptive parents quit giving her rude and evasive answers (a la Kansas Christian "rightousness") to her periodic questions about his welfare! Had I known that sisters were not supposed to love their brothers and care about them in this crummy state, I never would have moved here. In my world, this is not acceptable. These foster/adoptive parents were not up to standards that would have enabled them to adopt of foster children in most of the nation. Relatives of these monsters actually knew that Adam was not being cared for and often being abused, as well. Why didn't they report it? I don't know. I will not pretend that I have never seen child welfare ignored in other places, but Kansas seems to be the Land of Putting One's Buddies' Interests Ahead of What's Right. I am outraged.

No comments: