Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Friday, May 20, 2011

Second Degree Murder, Children, and New Hampshire

When did traveling across state lines with one's child and the intention to kill one's child coupled with the act of actually doing the same become second degree murder, instead of first degree murder? Now that I have become somewhat accustomed to the shock of hearing about poor Camden Pierce Hughes every time I listen to national news, I find myself wanting an answer to that question. Here's an article describing the charges.

This mother, Julianne McCreary, left Texas, where killing a child can and will elicit the death penalty, and drove until she found a state with gentle police officers and a judicial system that is easy on crime. I fully believe that she very deliberately took her victim away from home in order to avoid the Texas courts, I fully believe that she was planning murder the entire time, and I also fully believe that New Hampshire could convict her on first degree murder if they tried.

Julianne McCreary keeps saying she wants to die, and be "in heaven" with her son. I must raise the bs flag on that............if she wanted to "die and be in heaven", we would have found her lying beside her son. She does not want to die. "Heaven" is probably an imaginary land where grownups do not have responsibility, as far as she's concerned, and that is where she really wants to go. I guess she's there........we call it jail. As for her phony tears, I do not feel the slightest bit sorry for  her. While there is no doubt in my mind that this woman is mentally ill, I really think that she knew exactly what she was doing when she killed her son, and I think she premeditated it............so why second degree murder? Why not first degree murder? New Hampshire.........any comments?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poop

Juli Henry said...

You say "poop" and I say "unlawful", "horrible", and "heartbreaking". Have you noticed all the crimes against small children that have taken place lately? If your comment is an indication that you think this woman should get away with killing her son, I hope there are not many people out there like you. If there are, then this population has serious problems.

Anonymous said...

No one in their right mind kills their child. From all reports she was
a good mother with a very troubled mental health past.
Her very own mother provided no emotional or mental supprt for
her if you caught that news footage. Everyone pretty much turned their back on her and did not help her find medical intervention.
She made no attempt whatever to deny her involvement and fully co operated with the law
It is clear she finds it very difficult to forgive herself. She proclaimed
herself guilty and is serving her time.
That apparently is not enough for you. Feeling superior to others
solves none of our social ills it only serves to seperate us. Count yourself
lucky if you have never suffered with very real mental illness

Juli Henry said...

I am lucky, and I count myself so in many ways.

As long as she does not halucinate or hear voices, I think she knew exactly what she was doing. I don't care what her own mother did or didn't do. When we have children, we are not guarenteed that our own parents will even live to see our children grow up, let alone give us support! (where's the eye-rolley when I need it?) And......she did not exactly turn herself in, but was en route back to Texas to meet her new love interest when she was apprehended....yet you think that wasn't an attempt to deny involvement????? She was trying to get away, and live life as if she never had a child! You're darned tootin' that's not enough for me! Her cell phone records showed that she was going back to Texas, where she did not dare commit a crime like that, and see her boyfriend!

I don't think she should forgive herself. It's not a matter of feeling superior to others......I just don't like it when people murder their own children. That little boy could not possibly have deserved that.

Plenty of people manage to bring up children without any help from family, or anyone. What would possibly have been wrong with going to her nearest emergency room and becoming an inpatient at a mental hospital, and letting social services place her child in a safe home, where a crazy person wouldn't kill him? Or would that require too much honesty and introspection?