Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Another Siri Search

Statue of the Battle of Iwo Jima
Every now and then, I post about the siri searches I get here via the online moniker, Siriunsun, which I have used for almost ten years. Today there was a search that really deserves an answer, and I hope the "siri app" eventually gave this searcher a good one. It was a "siri search" for pictures of Arlington National Cemetery. Here are some that I thought were good. To the left is how Virginia looks in the late Fall. My favorite time of year, especially on the East Coast.  At the right is a picture of the statue of Iwo Jima, which, for reasons I do not fully understand, sparked my interest in American history when I was about three. Every time I saw that statue when I was with my Dad, I would make him tell me all about serving in WW2. I was not born until Dad was old, (he thought he was old, anyway!) and the world before World War 2 sounded like a very different place than it was in 1965, when I was three! And, of course, I put a picture of the Changing Of The Guard in this post, too.

Changing of the Guard

And here's one more that I think is appropriate for this time of year:



No comments: