Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Friday, December 2, 2011

How Long Will It Be Legal To Kill Children In Kansas?

Mireya Carmen Ortiz Rodriguez was only twenty months old in August, when her dad's girlfriend, Johana Iveth Villegas-Gonzales burned her skin so badly it peeled off into a sink and suffocated her. This happened right here, in Kansas. Kansas also accepted a plea for voluntary manslaughter for this, so Villegas-Gonazales will only spend between fiftyfive and sixty months in jail. That's obscene. The deliberate MURDER of a defenseless child only gets five years in prison, here in Kansas? I guess in Kansas, murder of a child is practically legal. The person or persons responsible for misplacing Adam Herrman, who disappeared from Towanda, Kansas in 1999, and was not reported missing until 2009, apparantly have nothing to worry about. When will Kansas begin to value the lives of children?


Mireya Carmen Ortiz Gonzales. Rest in peace; I wish I could have been there to prevent this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to thank you for this blog about my granddaughter. You are right ..Kansas does not value the lives of children.....I wish I could have been there to save her too.

Denise Peralta

Juli Henry said...

You are so welcome, and I wish there was more I could do. Your grandaughter's sweet picture moved me. A sentence of only five years for this crime is truly a miscarraige of justice.