Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Writing That Transcends Time And Space

And now for something delightfully silly, a Victorian version of almost Kardashian insanity:

Gwendolen: Yes, I am quite aware of that fact. And I often wish that in public, at any rate, you had been more demonstrative. For me you have always had an irresistible fascination. Even before I met you I was far from indifferent to you. (Jack looks at her in amazement) We live, as I hope you know, Mr. Worthing, in an age of ideals. The fact is constantly mentioned in the more expensive monthly magazines, and has reached the provincial pulpits, I am told; and my ideal has always been to love someone of the name of Earnest. There is something in that name that inspires the absolute confidence. The moment Algernon first mentioned to me that he had a friend called Earnest, I knew I was destined to love you.

Jack: You really love me, Gwendolen?

Gwendolen: Passionately!

......From the Importance of Being Earnest, by Oscar Wilde!

No comments: