Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Friday, May 4, 2012

Isabel Celis And Her Parents' "Friends"

It seems that I have picked up a whole new breed of naysayers here in Siri's World.....people who want me to know that they know the family of Isabel Celis personally, and also want me to know that these parents should not be questioned or expected to act as concerned parents because they simply are above doing anything that isn't legal or right. Even if I wanted to believe that, it has already been established that Sergio Celis, Isabel's father, has a record for DUI. While not damning, in and of itself, it shows that on at least one occasion, Mr. Celis lacked respect for the law. The tone of the dissenting comments also suggests that because both parents are employed, there is no possibility that a child could have incurred abuse in their home. Sorry, unhappy commenters, but crimes against children have been committed many, many times by people who hold down regular jobs. Nice try, though. Also, the fact that Isabel's mother works as a nurse has nothing to do with possible guilt or innocence. Some time in the near future, I should really put together a post containing the statistics of the number of nurses and other medical professionals who are addicted to prescription drugs. Hopefully, no one is overlooking possibilities in Isabel's case because of the chosen professions, favored churches, or educational pursuits of the people in her life. Certain types of tragedies do not discriminate.

Here is a recent comment someone sent me, because the commenter did not agree with my statement that Isabel's parents were not vocal enough. "The parents said in a recent interview that they were unwilling to be on camera because they did not want to take attention away from looking for Isa. I don't think it is completely necessary for them to make a public statement, as long as they are fully cooperating, and the police have confirmed they are." Now; Mr. and Mrs. Celis are purporting that Isabel was kidnapped by a stranger. And so are some of their "friends"........here's another comment, "know the parents. know the kids. know more than just the news coverage."  Ok, disgruntled gentleposter, here's what I know, straight from the U.S. Department of Justice: 75% of children abducted by strangers are dead within the first three hours! No joke. By this time, I am sure Mr. and Mrs. Celis have been made aware of this too, if they did not already know. It has been about two weeks since Isabel was reported missing. The police have begged the parents to be more vocal and public about their pleas. And if the stats that I just quoted are not enough reason for Isabel's parents to get over their camara-shy and media-phobic tendencies, then I don't know what is. As long as the police are asking them to do things that they are not doing, such as showing a stronger sense of urgency on behalf of this little girl or speaking to the public, then pardon the rest of the world if it sees your friends as "uncooperative"! Most parents of missing children won't shut up!


Everyone who enjoys clouded vision can continue, if they so choose. I am still waiting for Isabel's parents to act with the urgency of a parent whose child has been kidnapped by a stranger.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

True, urgency is of utmost importance when a child comes up missing, those first hours are critical. As a parent of 3 children and 9 grandchildren, I can assure you that I would be frantic, searching everywhere I could, nonstop.
I pray that Isabel is alive and will be found,regardless of the known statistics. To lose hope is to lose everything.

Juli Henry said...

So do I.

beccaboo said...

The idea that child abusers look like child abusers is ridiculous! My mother was a school teach my father a psychologist. My father was an abuser in Every sense of the word and my mother an enabler. Saying these or any other parents are innocent based on their job title is a dangerous road to go down. I have met amazing parents who work low paying blue collar jobs, I have met horrible parents, mine included, that had plenty of money and education.
Enjoying your blog :-)

ripleysmama@yahoo said...

Is Isabela in Mexico with a relative while this family makes some money on a " kidnapping scam" ?
What did they earn for doing the Today show?
Is People magazine next?
One good thing about the papparazzi in cases like this, they usually donot give up on following this kind of stuff. The police may have to give up for lack of funds, but the papparazzi will hang in there!! sergio Celis may be singing opera for his cellmates someday.

Juli Henry said...

Also........social media. Lisa Irwin's parents are finding out about this the hard way, too.

Anonymous said...

I am not sure how I would "act" if my grandchild disappeared. But, I don't want to find out! How does a parent or grandparent keep going...keep etting up and go through life motions. I don't know if the parents were involved...I don't know them but I hope the search continues and she is found safe. This is a sick world and getting sicker. None of us can be too careful. There those that watch, follow and then act...there is human trafficking. A Person , man, woman or child, is sexually abused, raped, assaulted every 2 minutes in this country. (RAINN.org) They may never know just like in the Jon Benet' Ramsey. So, before we judge them on how we "think" they should act, etc. Place yourselves in their shoes.

Juli Henry said...

Do you feel the same way about Casey Anthony?

No one knows how he or she will react in a crisis, but if I were Isabel, and I needed to be found, the idea of parents who give conflicting information to law enforcement, do not search, and do not want anyone else to search would worry me.