Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

To Jack


Sitting in my old and dusty room
I tell myself that things will change
But you see, when I wake up from my dreamin'
It's still the same, I can't believe you've gone away

Writing letters by the candlelight
I look for words to bring you back
Can't you see, it won't let go of me
Please let me be and set me free

'Cause you see, when I wake up from my dreaming
It's still the same, I can't believe you've gone away
The tears that I cry

Can't you see, it's been a long time
Long time, long time, long time
Give it to me, yeah, me yeah

I try and realize you're gone
I tell myself that wanting you is wrong
No matter what I say or do
Got to learn, it's easy to forget you

Words won't stop the pains I have inside
Got to change the feelings that I hide
And now the only thing left to do,
Is to tell you, the only way I ever knew, now listen man

An empty room's become an old routine
And locked inside is all my pride
All my tears, have run down through the years
I'm wanting more and more of you

I walk the streets, though they're raked with rain
Through lonely days, the lonely nights won't stop the pain
Yeah, livin' on, since time is done
I feel this bad, from everywhere

For the things we had in yesterday
And the times we shared, the times to stay
Long time, long time, long time, long time, time, time
Give it to me, give it to me, give it to me
Can't you see? Can't you see?

Punky Meadows, Greg Giuffria, and Frank Dimino; of Angel

No comments: