Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Caylee's Law

Call me naive...........I actually thought it was the law, already, to report a missing child in a timely manner! But if it isn't, then it is about time it became a law. But it has to be a very easy-to-understand law, that federally applies, in all 50 states and all territories. And the time limit for reporting something can definately not be thirtyone days, as in Caylee Anthony's case; ten years, as in Adam Herrman's case, or even six or seven hours, like what happened with Kyron Horman. And here's something else......who counts as a guardian? If a teacher sees a kid's backpack and jacket still in the classroom, and he has not been officially signed out for the day via the office, is the teacher, or someone else at the school, in a "guardian" position and legally responsible to report the child as missing? And....what if the teacher already KNOWS the child is missing? But still wants to look for the child himself, and "not get the police involved"? See http://siriunsun.blogspot.com/2011/04/child-safety-and-kansas-schools.html

I think we all accept that reporting Kyron Horman as missing immediately would have helped greatly in the effort to find him. I know we all accept that Caylee Anthony should have been reported as missing way, way before thirtyone days went by. And a few of us die-hards who feel that EVERY child is important feel that Adam Herrman should not have had to wait ten years for anyone to look for him. I will be interested in seeing how this law is enforced.

More on the subject.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I thought your comment on Seamus O'Riley's blog was spot on...finding your blog as a result was like winning the lottery. Later today I read what I thought made a good argument against Caylee's law and wondered how you might refute it. Your blog is amazing...thank you!

Juli Henry said...

Thankyou......after reading what folks over at Seamus O'riley had to say to me, I thought I was gonna be flamed, charcoal broiled, grilled, and then left in the fridge!