Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Sunday, July 3, 2011

What The Hell Is Wrong With Some Parents?

A four year old boy was found, all by himself, on the side of the road near Lubbock, Texas, the other  night. He was dropped off there by his father, and abandoned. When I first saw the story, I couldn't blog about it immediately, because it upset me so much.

This little boy was lucky, Someone noticed him, and picked him up and called the police. Then, a relative came to get him. When the man who initially picked up the child asked him his name and age, he wouldn't say anything. He just held up four fingers, to tell how many years old he was.

I don't know if I can take any more stories like this. I picked up a dog off the side of the road that way, once. It's bad enough when a pet gets abandoned, but one's own child???? Please.......if you don't want your child, take advantage of the Safe Havens law, which allows a parent to take the child to a police station or hosptital, say, "this is a safe havens child", and leave, no questions asked. I could never do that, and I don't think I currently know anyone who could, but wouldn't that be much better for the child that just leaving him by the side of the road?

Here's a picture of the father. He's been charged with attempted first degree murder now. And somehow, his son got hundreds of cactus thorns in his skin. How could anyone do that to a child, and why?



No comments: