Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Cedar Rapids Iowa

I've asked you before, person whose signal hails from Cedar Rapids, Iowa: what do you want? I know of more than one IP address and location from which you browse this site. I have also noticed you on a mobile device or two. I know which posts grab your interest. I also know who you are. You have not; however, told me what you want.

If you want the things I share on this site to change, don't hold your breath. This is my site, and the words I publish are not chosen to please you. They are not chosen to please the subject of most of the posts you read and re-read, either. That is something I do not owe either of you. Your sister initially thought I did, but she was sadly mistaken. Ha! That was certainly amusing! The First Amendment of our Constitution, here in America, grants all Americans the same rights that are enjoyed by your sister. I do not need a special license to publish the truth; I have freedom of speech, and freedom of expression. Since your sister's position is elected, I can tell the general public anything about her that I think will attract their interest. In order to obtain a measure of protection from that, and enjoy some shelter from liable or slander, she would have to resign her elected position. The fact that no one ran against her does not matter.

What was so important on this site that you actually took time away from your family and spent it here, with me, on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day? If there is something you desperately need to know, by all means, email me! Use the information in my profile to do so, or send me a comment, but mark it "private". I will not publish it; I moderate the comments here. Don't cheat your children out of time with their mother on holidays! That's a little old fashioned, I know. It's also something your sister failed to understand about me, and about the family she attempted to destroy. While our rights are guaranteed us by the government, familial affection, obligation, and tradition are not. Those things transcend government control of any kind. Children who are loved are also a lot less likely to drive their parents' vehicles over the cornfields, lawns, and gardens of others.

If you want me to stop sharing the things I find interesting, you will spend eternity waiting. No one who is vested in the government, or the Koch Brothers; as the case may be; is going to tell me what to share on my site. Or in person, for that matter. I will never be blind enough to believe that the government can and should ruin the physical and social environments of people here on Earth. And don't expect my exercise of the first amendment to ever stop, as long as there are humans on this planet. This goes back to why you should spend holidays with your children, rather then scoping the internet, in search of opposition. While the pen is mightier than the sword, the hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the nation. Who rocks the cradle in your home?


No comments: