Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Natural Enemies Of Stinkbugs

Halyomorpha Halys, or stinkbugs. People on the east coast are wondering how to get rid of them. Because of the strain put on the ecosystem by too many insecticides, I looked up their natural predators, and found the ones I expected to find.  Garter snakes will eat almost any insect, including stinkbugs. Spiders also eat them. Toads eat stinkbugs. And so do house wrens........so if my house had been invaded by strinkbugs, I might put out a bird feeder on my porch or near my house with feed that would attract wrens. Oh.......turning loose a preying mantis or two near the house would not hurt, either.


Garter snake, Wren, and Preying Mantis.........all looking more preferable, to me, than stinkbugs!

No comments: