Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Real Problem Had By A Small Kansas Town

I got a really good picture this morning of something. Let me just say, before I begin here, that this post is directed at some small town folk in a certain small town in Kansas, and you all know exactly who you are. What's in this picture isn't earthshaking, but it would be a really good reason for a small town with only a few original families and relatives thereof to become defensive when someone who insists upon abiding by the law moves in. No kidding, look what I found:

                                                  One Toke Over The Line, Sweet Jesus

Now; I just published a rather nasty comment under another post that accuses me of attempting to somehow "push" my views on you guys. Since this picture was taken from the sidewalk, of the flora in one of your front lawns, I have to conclude that what you really mean is that I am attempting to push law abiding lifestyles on you. How terrible that must be!

This would not be such a big deal, except for the fact that you preach something else. Most of you go to church, and openly discrimate against those who don't, or who are not Christian. Understand, in Yeshua's native stomping grounds, marijuana was not unlawful. If he was ever really existant, he probably had no problem with it. He was, after all, the one who allegedly turned the water into wine at a wedding. Could he legally do that around here? But you guys all hated Mexicans enough to go ahead and lobby your senators and congressmen to outlaw marijuana back in 1937, so now, it can't grow in your yards while you call yourselves law abiding citizens and preach church stuff to my kids in school. If you don't believe me, do some research on it. Also, read the bible, and at one point in the Psalms, you'll find something that says, "praise God and honor the king". If you grow pot in your yard, you are not "honoring the king".

What I would push here, if I pushed anything, is not my personal views or feelings, but an encouragement to lobby law makers in Kansas to legalize marijuana, if you really want to grow it. You could also join NORML. After all, people drink all the time, and alcohol is just as much of a "drug" as marijuana, possibly more of one, and no one really bats an eyelash when someone drinks a beer.  But don't teach your children to be hypocrites and liars. Also, if marijuana was legal, the government could tax it, and all of those people who make money from black market contraband would find themselves having to get real employment, but that's another post. No; I do not have any more use for marijuana personally than I do for beer, wine, or liquor. While I do NOT drink, I do not condemn anyone who does. But then, I am not trying to push my lifestyle on anyone....................

The comment I published containing the foul language also referred to the school. This person does not want me to attend school functions. Well guess what! I have six children! They all love it when I go to school functions. They enjoy support, and I give it to them. If that somehow intereferes with your ability to take bong hits behind the school or sell weed to kids, too bad! If I ever see anything that even remotely reminds me of booze or any other illicit chemical means of maintaining one's personality there, I will be the first to inform the administrative presence in charge at the time. I don't care what your little "small town traditions" are that you so desperately wanna protect; if you want the laws changed to accomodate something you want to do, then go about it the right way, and lobby congress and write letters to Brownback. But don't run the risk of getting children into trouble they are barely old enough to comprehend.

One more thing you guys should look at: http://www.norml.com/

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but that is nothing but common "ditch weed" as all the farmers around here refer to it. It grows all over the place ~ doesn't really have a thing to do with what you imply it does. Maybe you should take a run on a country road and see for yourself. It's not random seeds thrown out a window or intended for harvest, just an annoying weed that country folk around here spray and kill. Nice try though.

Juli Henry said...

That's not ditchweed. And if it really were indigenous to the area, why is it growing by itself? A wild plant will thrive in it's native environment and reproduce itself again and again. This is the only plant of it's kind in the spot that photo was taken.

Juli Henry said...

Inasmuch as your "country folk" reference is concerned, I lived in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia for about ten years, and was never within walking distance of a store, gas station, or a neighbor's house the entire time. And there was no "ditchweed" there.........it was called third and fourth generation plants. Call it what it is, and if you want to grow it, lobby Congress to let you do it legally, or go ahead and do it illegally, but drop the Christian goody-two-shoes act. Hypocrite.

Anonymous said...

Good grief, get ahold of yourself. You can't just take a post for what it really is. You just gotta turn it all around.....as usual!

Juli Henry said...

Huh? The post? Or the comment? I guess in the process of making the deeper, more relevant point, the mundane quality of the comment's spirit got lost. Also, the commenter was wrong, but that's almost beside the point. I'll try to be less insightful nest time.

Anonymous said...

I found poison ivy growing in my yard. I have never seen it growing there. Someone must have planted it there on purpose! How dare they cultivate weeds in my yard! Face it, your photo is a weed. Sometimes they show up in the strangest places!

Juli Henry said...

Poison Ivy is indigenous to Northeast Kansas. Marijuana is not. And I think "cultivated" is the key word, in the case of the above pictured plant. Thankyou.

Once again, this would not be such a problem in my eyes if you guys didn't preach one gospel at the "community school", and live by another gospel upon returning home. Just drop the Christian act......most of you obviously do not really believe it, anyway.

Anonymous said...

I have lived in Kansas over 50 years, marijuana does grows wild in Kansas whether you like it or not. It is just a weed growing in someone's yard. You said you never saw ditchweed growing in West Virginia. Different plants and weeds grow in different regions of the country. Musk thistles are not native either, but they sure grow without any help from anyone.

Juli Henry said...

The plant was either cultivated or resulted from someone throwing out seeds. End of story. And if it were wild, there would have been more of them. And I did not say I never saw ditchweed in WV, I just said we called it what it was. But this was not ditchweed, it was pot. Why do you guys keep wanting to pretend you are as pure as the driven snow? That's what I really don't like about Kansas......the veneer of "holiness" that's nothing more than a lie. And you guys insist on pushing in your schools, too! Drop the holy jesus act! No one really believes you. If you want to grow pot in your yard, lobby the Republicans currently in office here in Kansas to change the laws. Geesh!

Anonymous said...

You mean YOU don't believe. "No one really believes you" is simply another one of your generalizations. And I don't believe anyone in this community claims to be "as pure as the driven snow", it's just another one of your "labels". Ditchweed is abundant out in the middle of pastures frequented only by feeding cattle. Get a grip on yourself and take a step down from your righteous attitude. Why would anyone in their right mind "befriend" you after your crazy, and I do mean crazy, ranting and raving about one rural community in Kansas that doesn't differ profoundly from any other small midwestern town.

Because you aren't a Christian, you (once again) incorrectly depict those that are as liars and fakes with their "holy veneers". You believe what you want to believe, and we'll believe what we want to. I don't care who or what you worship, or if you do at all. Means nothing to me and doesn't affect my life in any way. I don't even know the faith of many in this community, and I really don't care. As long as they are good people, who really cares? (Except you, of course)

Let's see, you consider teachers, pretty much anyone associated with the school system, Mormons, Catholics, Methodist, Lutherans, and all the parents in the community (am I forgetting anyone here?) to be "stupid dumbasses" that are trying to push their religion and criminal ways on you and your family. REALLY?? After all you have said and all the gross inaccuracies, how can you seriously expect anyone to put any validity in your posts?

I wish I could tell you that I don't laugh at your posts, but I really do. The worst thing that could happen to this great little town would be for anyone to take you seriously. But, I don't see that as a viable threat.

Juli Henry said...

"Ditchweed" and pot are not exactly the same thing, and what I referenced was pot, not ditchweed. It was by itself, in a lawn; not in a pasture frequented only by grazing cattle.

As long as I DON'T KNOW where you go to church, or what religion you are, there is not problem. I simply resent finding out via the school. The school should be a neutral place where no one's religion is even mentioned. And you guys can quit telling my kids that the President is the "antichrist", too. There IS no such thing.

If anyone did listen to me, it would hopefully manifest as people knowing where their kids are, not allowing minors to drink, insisting that the school become a safe place, and being responisible about prohibition laws. I was told, when I first moved out here, that "bad things" don't happen here. I was also told that there had never been a sex offender here. Less than a month after I got married, someone threatened harm to one of my kids. Shortly after that, I discovered a sex offender here, also; which means we have just as many per capita as any other city or town. Why was the school so careless?

The other thing is........if people here want to smoke pot (and I can only conclude that a good number of you do) while it's against the law, why aren't they being responsible, and lobbying Congress for a change, rather than simply committing a crime? To me, that is dishonest and hypocritical.

Anonymous said...

You need to take a horticulture class! Just because a single plant is growing all by itself does not meen it was cultivated. Animals and birds spread seed. It appears to be at the base of a tree. What are the chances a bird dropped a seed? Get a grip! As close to the tree as it is, a lawn mower could not cut it. Do you suppose it is a matter of not doing a thorough trim job? People get in a hurry and don't always get the lawn work perfect. And you call us stupid!

Juli Henry said...

Yes, I suppose it is, indeed, possible that a bird planted it. After all, birds poop, too. But how did the bird get that particular seed? It didn't materialize in the bird's tummy. Inasmuch as a plant growing beside a tree is concerned, when I trim weeds that are too close to a tree for the lawn mower, I cut them or uproot them by hand.

Horticulture was a fun class......I will agree with you on that! But on that note, have a nice day, and promise me you will not skip English or spelling class!

Anonymous said...

I think you have skipped a few spelling and English classes yourself as you have used "prolly" instead of the word "probably" in earlier posts. Since you used it several times, I know that wasn't a typo. But maybe "prolly" is a word in one of your other languages.

Since you are so good at yard work, maybe you should offer to weed this persons yard for them. That could be your good deed for the day.

Juli Henry said...

Nope. It wasn't a typo. I also use s'posed, 'cause, yep, nope, and dontcha, among others. I think the less nasty among us can tell my intent and roll with it. What's the REAL nature of your comment, anyway? Ya tryin' to be mean?