Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Monday, September 24, 2012

Kansas Jesus Strikes Again

I got an interesting comment today from someone rather local to me. This person did not take enough pride in statements made to take the credit for the same, and did not leave a name, but that's okay; I have a tracker. While this person lacks the pride necessary to sign a name to an inflamatory comment, this person has the cheek to claim Jesus, yet feel superior to others and mock those who are not as fortunate. I was also invited to respond, which I did when I first read the comment, but I will take my response a step further. Here's the comment:

"Oh Miss Juli! Once again you just crack me up :) If Mitt doesn't win this election you can pretty much kiss the USA goodbye, but then, you would really like that, wouldn't you? You are the type that doesn't really give two shits about the flag, thinks God doesn't belong....ANYWHERE, and is in love with those wonderful goverment handouts! Of course you love Obama! Go ahead and attack me with your wisdom......I can't wait :)"

This neighborly sentiment was spewed at me via this post. It has to do with Mitt Romney, and his recent comments to the effect that forty-seven percent of Americans are people who do not "matter". Since, for such a short comment, there are so many wackyassed bits of mean spirited nonsense, I will analyze the wackyassed bits one by one. First off, my extreemely local troll, I have been around for quite a while. I have voted in lots of elections, and I have been happy at the outcomes of some, and disappointed by others. Geesh......I was here, and I was American, when Ronald Reagan won two elections! If that wasn't nauseating enough to make me "kiss the USA goodby" why would I "kiss the USA goodbye" if Romney won? I am a citizen here, and I have a right to live here! If you don't like that, YOU can kiss the USA goodbye!

As for not giving "two shits" about the flag and thinking that "God" does not belong....ANYWHERE; just WHO do you think you are talking to? You have no idea where my husband and I have spent our lives before you met us! How dare you? Were you one of the people who spat on Vietnam vets after that conflict?

I stated in my original answer to you that if "God" wishes to be somewhere, he or she can certainly find a way to do that without the use of your religious doctrines or mine. Thomas Jefferson felt the same way, and as a matter of fact, in 1963, there were two court cases that made their way to the Supreme Court, one was the famous Madalyn Murry O'Hair case, in Baltimore, Maryland; the other was in Pennsylvania. The cases were combined, and the Supreme Court of our great nation ruled that it is not constitutional for people like you to bring your "God", whoever the hell he is, to school, and harrass and annoy people like me with "him", or harrass and annoy people like my children. Chances are quite strong that you, personally, have never attended a public school where "God" was actually present legally. Unless he enrolls as a student, works in the building, or signs in at the office, he should not be lurking in the hall, anyway. So there you have it: it is not unamerican, or uncaring about the flag at all for me to frown upon religious nonsense being brought into public schools. If you want a Christian school, why don't you do what other religions do, and send your children to a private school?

Government handouts........I don't get any. Unless you think public school, a library, roads, policemen, and a health department are "handouts". They are not. Yes, I have guardianship of a child that neither my husband or I popped out. We merely have guardianship of him because we care what happens to him. No foster care stipends, so adoption subsidies. We took responsibility for him because we care. Is that so hard to understand? Seems to me that the "God" you keep talking about yet ignoring at the same time would care about this child, too. If you don't like that, perhaps you should shut up about God. Read the Sermon on the Mount. Study the Beatitudes. Also, didn't Jesus, himself, say that it is "harder for a rich man to get to heaven than it is for a camel to get through a needle's eye"? Jesus had no problems with the poor, and he had no problems with the idea of giving people what you call "handouts", either. If you really love Him so much and wish to follow in His footsteps, I suggest you stop mocking those who are not as fortunate as yourself. You are beginning to look and sound evil.

"Of course you love Obama"...........You know, local troll, I can "love" and vote for any candidate I choose. That's another one of my constitutional rights that you seem to think you deserve, as a votor, but that I somehow do not deserve. Get over yourself!

Lastly, I never invited you to use my first name. I generally only invite people with whom I share friendship to do that, and you have shown me none. Please don't do it anymore. And a word of warning; if my children hear one word about your diety in their school, the school will be hearing from my attorney. After your kind and evangelical comments to me, I do not want to hear about your sweet spiritual ideas ever again.

 

16 comments:

tlc, baby!! said...

I love you Jw!!
Signed, TLC!!

tlc, baby!! said...

Gosh, I wanna share this!! I love your way with words! I am much less diplomatic!

Juli Henry said...

You are still very sweet! Why don't you call me Juli?

Juli Henry said...

And YOUR way with words inspires my way with words quite a bit these days!

TLC said...

I shall call you Juli!! On FB too?

Juli Henry said...

Absolutely!

Anonymous said...

I want you to know that YOUR child also has no right to tell MY child that God does not exist. But, I don't threaten to call an attorney, or write to the superintendent about it. Or are you going to be a hypocrite and defend that one?

Juli Henry said...

According to the law, my child DOES have the right to point out to your child that there is no equation to explain or define the presence of a "god", and my child probably HAS pointed that out to your child. You can count on her to otherwise not harrass or harm your child for believing whatever it is he believes, though, even if he believes in Santa Claus. Believe it or not, she was the one who broke the news to all the other kids in her kindergarten class that Sants isn't real. That went over real well.........not.

Here's the thing; when was the last time an athiest, Pagan, or Hindu knocked on your door, left pamphlets, and tried to get you to switch over to one of their religions? It never happened, did it? Does the Jewish population have a connip when you fail to celebrate their holidays? Do they insist upon teaching all the kiddies in school about Jewish history throughout the ages? Of course not! (and making the 6th graders watch "The Ten Commandments" does NOT count as teaching Jewish history, btw....Charleton Heston does NOT look Semetic or emulate that culture well at all!) Christians are the ones that demand conformity to the point of harrassment and persecution. They, Catholics especially, are the ones America was supposed to be a haven from! Christians often wind up killing other people over their crap. You can cry about Muslims if you want, but Christianity is an Eastern religion with Judeo Christian roots, just like Islam. Christians are very similar, when allowed to get away with it. That's why it's so important to keep it out of the schools.

Anonymous said...

Your reply was as I expected.

Anonymous said...

And by the way, your child DID continue to harass and taunt after making some seriously inappropriate "If God was real he would ______________" comments. A teacher even had to intervene telling them that they are each entitled to believe as they choose, but their beliefs were their own and they should not try to impress their views upon others.

Juli Henry said...

Why were the comments inappropriate? Did they include curses or threats? While my child is incorrect in her attempt to second guess a God or a Goddess, I don't see how she scarred your child emotionally by telling him why she thinks it's all(the Christian mythos) a badly written fairy tale. Atheism has never created problems for others. Christianity has.

Juli Henry said...

My husband wanted to know if you have ever heard of the Bill of Rights.

Anonymous said...

Wow, the height of hypocrisy has just been reached!

Juli Henry said...

If so, then it's been reached by YOU! You still seem to fail to understand that Christians in America are mostly BAD PEOPLE, with UGLY intentions toward others. You don't even want me to vote for the candidate of my choice! And your rants against anyone who is poor are disgusting and very unmessianic! Jesus would not have been able to stand the sight of you, if he existed! And you would have hated him for looking too much like Osama Bin Laden, and not enough like the pictures in American, Midwestern churches! Your love of the Avon lady and her disability collecting husband, yet your desire to deny one of my kids benefits is truly sickening. Get a life, nasty person!

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for you.

Juli Henry said...

What's the matter? Are you upset because the law will not allow you to harm me, or lead good, Avon seliing, disability-collecting-when-they're-not-really-disabled, Christian folk of this town to burn me at the stake or otherwise kill me? Are you waiting for Mitt Romney and his merry band of creepy cultists in magic underwear to give you permission to do things like that, the same way Hitler gave his merry band of thugs permission to murder Jews? Must be. You called me an hypocrite, yet you fellowship with an able bodied bullfighter whose pain would disappear if he lost between 70 and 100 pounds! It's okay for him to gets handouts from the government, but not okay for a disabled child. You sound like a big hypocrite. If you feel sorry for me, can you do that more quietly in the future?