Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Peace Be Still

It was suggested to me, earlier this weekend, that I do not heed storm warnings very well, or take them seriously. It was meant both literally and figuratively. The source of this suggestion was not impressed by my tendency to run outside and take photographs during storm warnings, which I suppose may be something I should amend; Dorothy had Toto....Siriunsun has her camera!

It seems that my almost reckless desire to behold and reveal the truth, almost at the expense of my circumstances and possibly my life may have raised this person's eyebrows, as well. Especially when it began to look as if living with the God-Given mate who completes my very existence here in this realm had somehow become tied to living with a twisted and corrupt theocratically administered form of justice which seeks out and destroys those elements which seek to behold and reveal the truth. For about a day and a half, my heart was broken. But then I remembered who I am, decided that my lack of faith was nothing short of an insult to my Ancestors, whose presence made my own existence possible. So I got over it and went back to beholding and revealing the truth.

My Dad, at one time, was married to a woman (his second wife) who fancied herself a Christian. He
was not Christian, therefore neither am I; so a lot of her beliefs were a bit foreign to us. One of her stories, directly from the Gospel of St. Matthew, impressed me, however. It is covered in chapter eight, "verses" twenty-three thru twenty-seven, and it is a story about how the "messiah" calmed a storm while he and his cohorts were in a boat. The weather was fine when they got in the boat, but a storm kicked up, and everyone but Jesus got scared. They actually woke him up, and he told everyone, including the storm, to calm down, then he got back to his nap. End of problem. Yes, he took the storm seriously; no he did not let it dictate his boating habits!

Not much of what Dad's second wife said about her religion actually made much sense to me. In fact, most Christians seem to be a conflict in progress to what they preach. But there was just something utterly cool about a guy who didn't let the forces of a storm dictate his life. People who do not live in fear are wonderful to be around. That is the very kind of Faith that would almost make the fairy tale real. And whatever your fairy tale is, it isn't going anywhere without that kind of faith. In fact, your reality isn't going anywhere without faith, either.
 


Storms can change landscapes, topple buildings, water gardens, and bring new life to barren habitats. As long as I inhabit this planet in physical form, I will always coexist with the six major winds, which balance Life in four cartographic directions. We are all living in the Eye of a Storm, which beholds and reveals the Truth. Brightest Blessings!




 

No comments: