Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Herman's Harem....In His Dreams!

Photo Curtesy of Yahoo
  What's the matter, Armando? Can't keep your harem under control? It looks to me like you should have granted these women some professional respect when you had the chance. They don't look very happy right now, but I guess you already know. Gloria Allred has served you with notice........

Something you should realize, Herman, is that the unfortunate stereotype of the American male businessman turned politician is generally that of a male who is a bit sexist. Lets face it, a woman in this country has a harder time finding harmony between the roles of motherhood and any career she might pursue than she does in any other developed nation. We get denied promotions because everyone knows we will always put our children first. (at least, we SHOULD) We often don't get paid as much as men, and often don't get benefits as easily because reproductive health has a more direct impact on our lives than it has on yours, or any other man's. And my boss once got very, very upset with me because I got a phone call from the hospital, letting me know that my baby had gotton sick at daycare and had been taken to the emergency room with a fever of 105.8. No joke, Herman; I was expected to remain at work until it was convenient for everyone else to manage without me. Of course, I left, and went to the emergency room anyway, because my children are more important to me than any job. But our culture left my boss with a vehicle through which to accuse me of "not doing my job" because my baby got sick! It would not surprise me if every woman in America who maintains a job somewhere was able to sympathize with me at one level or another. We are kinda sorta used to it, even though we would all like to see it change. But; you wanna add sexual harassment to all of that, and force us to deal with ass-grabbing bosses, as well? And you also wanna lead the nation? Hmmmm..........I honestly do not think you really have much to offer.

Now a fourth woman has come forward with a similar story about you, and ass-grabbing on the job. It has been my experience in number crunching and marketing that in a demographic such as your business, every single complaint you have heard probably represents at least a dozen that you have not heard. That goes for every type of complaint, from moldy pizza to sexual harassment. It is much easier to just take the path of least resistance when one's employer behaves inappropriately, than it is to speak up, and run the risk of losing one's income. That's why I believe that you probably, in this regard, have lived up to the negative stereotype of the American businessman turned politician. If a man just keeps his hands to himself, work related tasks always seem to get done much more quickly and efficiently. And, that same man will keep the respect of his co-workers, as well, both on and off the job. Especially when he decides, later on, to run for president. But, you went about your business seemingly unaware of this, and I don't think any number of court proceedings are going to clue you in now, and I think all of us are better off without you in the White House.

One more thing you can do to possibly enhance your chances for the presidency is this, Mr. Cain; pay your taxes!


Update: There is now a fifth woman coming forward with allegations of unprofessional and inappropriate conduct on the part of Herman Cain.

Further Update: We now know that Herman Cain could not be guilty of professional misconduct or sexual harrassment because he "totally respects women". Sure, Armando. Anything you say. (where's the eye-rolley when I need it?)

Another Update....and...where's the eye-rolley when I need it? Herman Cain thinks he was told by "God" to run for president, and he even likens himself to the biblical Moses! Stuff people do when "God" speaks to them, personally, almost never turns out well............and as for being anything like Moses, lets hope "God" does not set the bushes on fire when he speaks to Cain. Unless, of course....firehose.........no; I won't go there.......

No comments: