Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Friday, November 25, 2011

The Republic Of Kansas

WHOA....Whoa....whoa....where do I even begin in reaction to this story? A young woman, on a Statehouse field trip in Topeka, Kansas, with Shawnee Mission East, tweeted, while on the field trip, that Governer Brownback sucks. Which, in my opinion, he does. If you have read former posts on this blog concerning the governer of Kansas, you probably know that I think he sucks. I've written it, I've typed it, I've thought it, I've said it; I've never said it to Browncrack in person, but I think it is well known among my friends and aquaintences that it is my opinion that this particular governer sucks balls.

Ok, that said; Governer Browncrack's henchmen, upon finding the tweet, while monitoring the social media to find out what everyone says, up to the minute, about their furor, discovered this young lady's tweet and approached the principal of her school, Karl R. Krawitz, to....I guess...report a teasing! And what did Karl Marx Krawitz do? He told this bold young woman that for exercising her first amendment rights, and for her intelligent insight about our governer, and for speaking the truth, she must write an apology! That's right, folks; it is wrong, in Kansas, to state that Governer Mao Brownback sucks! It's bad enough that our tax dollars pay people in the governer's office to read tweets and facebook posts, but it is downright offensive that a public school would actually sanction a student for making a statement that was perfectly within her rights. If the principal was upset about the tweet, or the use of the electronic device, he should say so, but I do not think that was the problem. I think that if the student had made comments about the governer that were positive, and possibly untruthful, but supportive of the deception brought on by taking in republican propoganda, Karl Marx Krawitz would not have had a problem. Something else to which I would like to respond is this, from cjonline:

"That wasn't respectful," responded Sherriene Jones-Sontag. "In order to really have a constructive dialogue, there has to be mutual respect."

That was what Browncrack's henchmen had to say about the offending tweet. Browncrack's office overlooks two things. First, there was no dialogue with the governer at the time, it was a private tweet among likeminded people. Second, respect has to be earned, and Brownback, if one would care to peruse at least a decade of editorials of various publications and other media, has not EARNED everyone's respect. Outside of Kansas, I do not believe he could even get elected to public office again. And that's any public office, not just that of governer. He panders to big money and uses religion to play on the fears and superstitions of people who are unsuspecting and don't know any better, but that's another post.

Back to this apology that must be written by this bold and forthright student....what would I compose if I were in her shoes? Hmmm.....while having to perform this task is nothing short of an insult, it is also an opportunity. So how would I begin? "Dear Governer Brownback, I am so sorry that the truth hurts and that not everyone in a democracy agrees with you." Or, "Dear Governer Brownback, I applaud your control over Kansas public schools and your ability to erode our first amendment rights." Possibly, "Dear Governer Brownback, Sucking as badly as you suck must be an awful burden in life. You have my condolences."  The possibilities are endless.

Our Furor, Governer Brownback. Maybe someone will tease him after he is finished dispensing whatever Koolaide he is handing out in this picture, and he will run home to mommy, or better yet, get someone in trouble with the principal!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Dear Governor Browback, I neglected to mention what you suck.... For this I apologize.