Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Sunday, November 6, 2011

In Case Ya Didn't Go To Church Today

The Midwest experienced tremors this weekend; the epicenters were about forty or fifty miles east of Oklahoma City. Nothing terribly serious, mostly 4.2 to 4.7, with a bigger quake registering at 5.6. The 5.6 quake was felt all the way up here, in Northeast Kansas. A few people in this area are unaware, for some outrageous reason, that they live near the New Madrid faultline.  There are also several smaller faultlines that affect this part of Kansas. Everyone who lives here should be more aware of this, and when I initially moved to Kansas, I was much more concerned about tremors than I ever was about tornados. But that's just me, I guess. All of yesterday's tremors were mild, as tremors go, and did nothing more that shake a few pictures, move the furniture a little bit, and create some windchime music. But some people, ahem, think that earthquakes are a sign of "god's" wrath..............(were's the eye-rolley when I need it?)

I knew there was an earthquake when I felt the Earth moving in what felt like a dance. I could hear her Voice, in a whispering, medium-pitched, almost happy growl. For reasons I cannot place, I was happy, listening to Her. She felt alive to me, in that instant, and I enjoyed the interaction with Her. I also knew that the epicenter, wherever it was, was at least three or four hundred miles away from the place my feet were dancing with Her. And I knew, this time, that She was only dancing.......I have not seen any reports of deaths or injuries, so I will not blame myself for the moment of inexplicable joy I felt.

If you missed church today, I really don't think you missed anything. If we paid more attention to the Earth, and less attention to hypocrites and liars, perhaps we could be more prepared for the way Earth moves, instead of ASSUMING that everything will always meet our sillyassed expectations. Perhaps. But....if you missed church and want to see some sillyassed Christian leaders, here ya go!




                                            

No comments: