Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Employers Threaten To Fire People If Obama Wins?

I thought American elections ran on SECRET ballots, and I thought it was each citizen's prerogative to vote for whoever he or she chooses. But the owner of Westgate Resorts thinks that bullying is how elections should be won. David Siegel contacted all of his employees to let them know they need to vote republican, because if Obama wins, he will have to keep paying taxes and reduce the size of his company. Waaaaaaa! As if the former republican administration had nothing to do with the state of the economy! As if! Here's what the lying crybaby said:

"If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company," he wrote. "Rather than grow this company I will be forced to cut back. This means fewer jobs, less benefits and certainly less opportunity for everyone."....Yahoo News

Now; not only is the economy NOT the fault of the president, a NEW president is NOT a guarantee of financial smooth sailing. If David Siegel must lay off employees during a democrat presidency at this point in history, chances are quite strong that he will have to do so during a republican presidency. In addition to threatening his employees, he's falsely implying that everything will be fine if Obama loses. That's not true.

He also apparently feels entitled to more than one vote, via dictating the votes of his employees: "In a version of Romney's "47 percent" remarks, Siegel added that "people like me who made all the right decisions and invested in themselves are being forced to bail out all the people who didn't. The people that overspent their paychecks suddenly feel entitled to the same luxuries that I earned and sacrificed 42 years of my life for."....Yahoo News

There are too many people on this planet for the population to act as a collection of autonomous individuals at the sacrifice of acting as a community. David Siegel did not earn his empire by himself. It never would have happened for him if others had not been involved. While he prides himself with making "all the right decisions", I would bet that luck had a little to do with the fortune he has amassed, as well. And now, to protect his fortune, he is using his fortune to threaten others to vote for his candidate! His logic is a bit twisted, anyway. I made all the right decisions when I had my children. I invested everything I had in them. I also worked, and the fact that my children and family were important to me was a source of friction in the workplace. There were no rewards there for putting one's children first. I didn't get rich, but I won't be told that I made the wrong decisions, just because my income places me in a catagory of humanity that "doesn't matter" to the Romneys. Bush Jr. started a war. He did not care how many parents had invested everything they had in their children; the young people were simply Bush's for the taking, to fight his war. Do we support this war with enterprises that operate in our own country? No! In fact, that's a major difference between this war and WW2. Why isn't David Siegel upset about that?

Mitt Romney has made it clear that he has no intentions of investing in the middle class. Almost half of Americans don't matter to him. David Siegel's employees enjoy the same chances of stability or lack thereof no matter who wins the election.

 

No comments: