Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Monday, October 29, 2012

The Book Of Trolls

There are three demographic "types" I bust on here in Siri's World: Republican politicians, Christian religious fanatics, and violent criminals, especially those who harm children. The reason I enjoy picking on Christian fundamentalists so much is because, not only is their religous text, the bible, badly mistranslated in many ways, but even the "Christ" archtype is misunderstood by most American Christians and the associated piety is almost always misapplied. Then, these people preach to me about who I should vote for, or where I should go to church, or what I should teach my children. The thing is, I already have a religion, and it isn't Christianity. I can, and do, teach my children anything I choose. There is nothing that a Christian fundalmentalist can offer me in terms of lifestyle that I need. I do not wish to vote with them in a bloc, I do not wish to attend any of their churches, and I do not wish to hear about their interpretation of their badly mistranslated scriptures at the PUBLIC school my children attend. This is what the troll who sent me this comment fails to understand: I have a constitutional right to vote for whomever I please without harassment. I have a constitutional right to bring up my children as I choose without interference. My neighbors here in Northeast Kansas have overstepped the bounderies of the law and of my constitutional rights concerning those things on more than one occasion. Here's the comment:

"Because you proclaim to be a christian, but OBVIOUSLY have missed Sunday School, here are a few verses from the King James Version of the Holy Bible. Which if you check in the "Mormons" standard works, (their books of religious text), this is what WE use to study Christ's word. Matthew 7:1 Judge not that ye be not judged. Matthew 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. If you hate Mormons so much, and proclaim to be such a better person, why not turn the other cheek like Jesus tells you to do? Smile to them that wrong you? Why do you not confront them in person even? Why Ms. Julie? Why do you feel so much comfort in cowering away to your computer, speaking evil behind that Mormon ladies back, doing the same things you claim she does to you? And if you think you are better than the "racist" mormons, think again.".....Words from the Book of Trolls
 
First off, my Mormon sounding troll, I NEVER proclaimed to be a Christian, unless I did it during another lifetime, which brings me to my second point; of COURSE I missed Sunday School, because I am not a Christian. Third, I do not believe I compared myself favorably to Mrs. Mormon Lady, or stated that I was better at she; I simply stated that I wished she and Mitt Romney both felt that the laws applied to them as much as the laws apply to everyone else. I also fervently wished, while recovering from major illness, that I did not have to go outside, daily, in the snow, for about six months, and clean up the trash her dog strewed all over my yard. I don't think anyone would appreciate that. Other neighbors did not appreciate it, either. And yes I did confront Mrs. Mormon Lady in person. She screamed at me and slammed her door in my face. Apparently, if I am not Mormon, I do not deserve any curtesy at all. Did you not read my initial post?
 
As for the book of mormon being a legitimate scripture for a Christian, it ain't so. Read the last chapter of the book of Revelations in the New Testament of the REAL Bible. Saint John emphatically warns that it is blasphemy to add anything to the scriptures. That would, in the Christian world, include the book of mormon. And racism IS codified by the book of mormon, making it nothing short of an anathema to any religion or path of Light or Love.
 
I will hand over to some REAL Christians here, who can explain this much better than I can.
 
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To clear up a few of your incorrect facts:

1. The Book of Revelations was also written before several other books in the New Testament.
2. Mormon's prefer to be called Latter-Day Saints because they belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints...you can gain more information about their beliefs by visiting lds.org or mormon.org. Please make sure your facts are correct about the religion before posting such judgmental comments.
3. People of the community do not go around posting rude and harassing comments about you on the internet, maybe you should treat others how you want to be treated and stop harassing and posting such horrible things about people. There is a thing called harassment, and you are starting to cross the line!

Anonymous said...

The Mormons will continue praying for you. And they will continually forgive you for your comments because the believe all men and women will be judged at the last day, and therefore they do not need to judge others, like you choose to do. Peace comes to those who truly know and understand the gospel of Jesus Christ. Here to hoping you one day find the same peace that members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints enjoy every day.

Sincerely, A Latter-Day Saint

Juli Henry said...

I do not care when the book of Revelations was written. They way it's usually interpreted is that adding to the bible is blasphemy. And the way the Book of Mormon codifies racism, it's worse than blasphemy.

How would I have crossed any line? I do not go to the school and attempt to convert anyone else's children to my religion as a few of you have done to me. I do not tell veterans who have seen combat that they do not "give two shits about the flaj", as one of the more Christian teachers at the school does. (I'm still seeing red from that) I do not email the guardians of disabled children to let them know that they are bad people because the disabled children for whom they care need Healthwave. And if you want to see internet harassment, some of the people from around here actually have been rather uncool to me on the internet. I was merely mildly amused by it until the comment about "not giving two shits about the flag" was made. I have not harassed anyone. I simply have a blog. I did not seek you out and make sure you heard me. But when someone seeks me out, either on the internet or in person, it's a bit different. And there was even a teacher at the school who addressed an entire classroom full of children with not-so-nice comments and opinions about me. My children were expected to agree with sais teacher, even though I love them much more than the teacher who insults me behind my back does. How's that for harrassment? How's that for Christianity? Would you like the Christians around you if they treated you that way?

Juli Henry said...

Just don't baptize me by proxy. My Ancestors would find that silly.