Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Local Person Wants To Defend Racist Mormons

"Please read this. You might gain some insight into Mormons views on racism in their PAST."


Okay, local person who wants to think racism is acceptable if it can be properly disguised or hidden; I got your comment. I did not publish it in it's complete form because it contained a link to a site defending the blatently racist and ignorant statements and doctrines of the Mormon church, and I am not here to defend such crap. If God is really who the gospel of Matthew says he is, then, believe me you.....all of the Mormon gibberish is nothing but a bunch of crap. You stated to me that the racism is in "the past". Then you gave me a link citing that this "past" is 1978! In my world, 1978 was not that long ago. In fact, my world is largely made of things I learned in 1978 and before that! 1978, while in the past, is part of the RECENT past. So is 1956, by the way; the year Brown vs. The Board of Education in Topeka was won in the Supreme Court. Yet Kansas schools remain unconsolidated in an ongoing effort to ignore the Constitution. Coincidence? I think not!

Here are some racist excerpts from the book of Mormon, which you seem to wish to defend. I'm gonna have to tell you now, though; I would be completely embarrassed and humiliated to support this nonsense or be in any way associated with an organization which so recently promoted it and only stopped promoting it because of social pressure. A doctrine that is central to a religion is central to that religion. It cannot change just because of outside peer or social pressure......and didn't St. John state, in the biblical book of Revelations, that it is blasphemy to change or add stuff to the new testament scriptures, anyway? Hmmm?

"Mormon scripture: God curses bad races with black skin
2 Nephi 5:21
"And the Lord had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them."

Alma 3: 6"And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob, and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men."
3 Nephi 2:14-15
" And it came to pass that those Lamanites who had united with the Nephites were numbered among the Nephites; And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites."


What the hell kind of word is "delightsome", anyway? That sounds like something a pervert would say while committing a crime!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had something to keep you productive, I mean busy, today!

Juli Henry said...

So am I. Wanna try some hot spicy tomatos canned with jalepeno peppers for chili, or some milder deced tomatos for spaghetti? Some gluten free biscuits also got made and frozen today......but that's only productive for me, not necessarily for everyone. Cha!