Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Friday, August 5, 2011

Proving Your Existance To The Government


LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — According to the federal government, two sisters in rural Kentucky do not exist.
The women weren't born in a hospital, never went to public school and only recently obtained birth certificates after they sued the state. Still, that's not enough for Raechel and Stephanie Schultz to land legitimate jobs. The sisters need Social Security numbers, so they have sued the federal government.
"No one has ever heard of anything like this before," said their attorney, Douglas Benge. "When the girls first came to see me, it's one of those things of, 'What do I do now?'"
The Schultz sisters live with their parents in Lily, near the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, in a county that includes the Daniel Boone National Forest and is known as the home of the first Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant started by Col. Harland Sanders. Their family doesn't have a phone and their attorney gets a hold of them by calling an out-of-state relative, who in turn contacts the family.  ........Yahoo News Story

While social security numbers and birth certificates are nice to have, and it's even nicer, while in labor, to be near a trustworthy hospital or birthing center, these commodities are not always avialable. There were at least six babies born after Katrina to women who were basically held hostage by the Coast Guard in an overcrowded stadium. There have been babies born en route to the hospital.....something that has an increased risk of happening in the Appalacian Mountains.......I know because I lived in West Virginia for about ten years. I had two children while I lived there, too, and one was born in Maryland. A girl can't always make it home from work under certain circumstances.......................But I had no problem obtaining birth certificates. Even Jaycee Dugard, who really, really didn't have documentation of her pregnancies, was eventually given birth certificates for her daughters. And I have a sister who was born at home, she has a social security number and a birth certificate. So; I can only conclude that these two women are getting a runaround from stupid government officials (did you know that some government employees are stupid?) because they don't feel like doing their jobs.

With all the hollering Republicans do about people collecting welfare and not having jobs, why, oh why, would anyone make it difficult for two women in their twenties to work legitimately? Does anyone know what kind of work is available to women in the Appalacian Mountains without legal documentation???? Thankyou. The women obviously have no connection to any other nation; it is clear that they are American, so why deny them opportunities? The only reason I can see is that some people in the Appalacian Mountains are better than other people from the same part of the country. Some people are "haves", others are "have nots". It is very important, for the petty little "social order" there, to make sure none of the "have nots" have any of the tools to escape the "have not" lifestyle. This may not be what's going on here.......I only read about this on the internet, but if I gambled, my bet would be what I just described, and I'll betcha I am correct.

No comments: