Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Help Me Out With This One, Midwesterners

(CNN) -- A lawsuit filed against a Missouri school district alleges that officials failed to protect a female student from repeated sexual assaults from a male student, and at one point expelled her for reporting the alleged attacks.

A rape examination proved that the girl was telling the truth, and the male student pleaded guilty to charges related to the attack, the suit alleges.............CNN News Story


Ok, folks who know how schools are run, here in the Midwest; help me figure out what happened here, without my blood pressure rising twenty points every time I think about it. A special ed teenage girl was sexually assaulted in school. That, alone, is bad enough, but then, after the victim comes forward, the good people of the school and the school board, (let's not forget which RELIGION is dominant here in the Midwest) BLAME THE VICTIM, and, as an additional outrage, adding insult to injury, force her to write an apology and PERSONALLY hand it to her assailant!!!

Do you think I'm kidding, Christian Midwesterners? Well why don't you read this.? And just in case you went to school in one of the Greene County Missouri schools and cannot read the lines any better than you can read between them, I will quote another key portion of this article for you:

The suit alleges that school officials made the girl write an apology letter and deliver it to the boy -- without consulting with the girl's mother.

She was then expelled for the rest of the school year and reported to juvenile authorities for allegedly filing a false crime report............same enraging CNN story.

So the girl goes back to school the following year, gets raped again by this school-board-approved monster of a fellow student, and this time, her mother takes her to the hospital, gets evidence, and has the monster charged with the crime he committed. Wanna know what the good, Christian school officials said, upon confrontation? They said............."We went through this already." Well; DUH! Of course they went through it already! They exonerated an habitual rapist and not only blamed the victim, but made her apologize! The school system wrote him a ticket to continue! Was it simply more convenient for them to do that, instead of protect a vulnerable student?

Lemme understand the way you Christians here in the Midwest live and educate your children; do you teach your daughters to blame themselves if a big bully sexually assualts them? Or do you teach your daughters that only the people "God" doesn't like, such as the special ed students get raped? If someone stands up for his or her child, do you put the child and the parent through literal hell in order for the child to get an education? Do you always expel students who have been the victims of crimes? Because if the Midwest's most popular religious icon is real, this is how he feels about anyone who was involved in covering for the perverse bully in this story, making him welcome to reoffend. If he doesn't feel that way, you can stop trying to convert me and stop pressuring me to attend your church. It isn't going to happen.


Go ahead and respond to this, folks in the Midwest. I am curious to know how, if you care about education, you have allowed your taxes to support this kind of crap for so long. And now that you know it is going on, what do you intend to do, in order to make the schools here focus on education?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture you show saddens me. In some of your other posts you speak of no profanity or cuss words. Your choice in picture very much screams profanity. So aside from your hypocrisy, this is very offensive. I, along with MANY Christians (from the midwest, northeast, or wherever), would NEVER offend your God or whatever/whomever it is you worship. This is complete disrespect. I can't imagine posting such a heinous picture, regardless of how I feel of the belief/faith represented.

Juli Henry said...

I can see your point, but the subject matter of this post really, really angers me. Remember the New Testament story of Yeshua ripping through the synagogue, turning tables over? Which is worse? The violence involved in that act, or flipping the bird? I'm not gonna remove it. Not after having people in this part of the country try to tell me about their Jesus, while condoning something like that in their schools. If you want to look at who really profanes that religion, why don't you look at the people who create the community, which, in turn, has a cultural affinity for things like what happened to the girl in my post?

Get real.

Anonymous said...

First of all Non-Christians and Christians alike would find this story very troubling. No where in the article did it state that the community in which this girl lives supported the school decisions. Why is it when anything negative happens you jump to the Christian bashing? The story is terrible and deserves to be heard it is to bad you tainted in with your prejudice. Unfortunately Christians reading this may be so disturbed by your comments and picture that they will miss the REAL story here.
P.S. The god I know loves all.

Juli Henry said...

It seems to me that in order for the school to get away with insanity like that, the community MUST be ok with it. How else would the poor girl have been forced to give her rapist a written apology? And as for the Christianity, it's all over the midwest in a big way. I have never seen public schools anywhere else get away with all the bible-scamming that happens here. Also, the whole written apology thing made me think: Christians. My bad......I really hope you are right about this and that I am wrong; but I really don't think I am. Just next door in Kansas, we have a "community school" where racism is encouraged in the name of...well....guess who, and the boys bully the girls in much the same way this poor girl was bullied. My daughters walk a very the straight and narrow, according to the religion they have been taught, which is much stricter than xtianity. On the one hand, I get told that I am not teaching my kids morals (by people whose children lost their virginity in fifth grade...only christians make allowances for that) and on the other hand, school faculty finds me too strict. This is a very Christian community which is filled with thirteen and fourteen year olds who also drive....before they are old enough to get liscences.Their parents think the failure to obey the law is fine, since they've been doing it for years. So when I read this article, I thought of Jesus. And yes, the story is terrible. How come the entire midwest isn't upset about it? Does the girl in the story simply not matter?

Juli Henry said...

After thinking about this more; why do I think of Jesus whenever I hear about sexual assualt; I realized that I may be more tired of hearing about perverse Catholic priests and a pontiff who writes off the feelings and lifetime effects in the victims lives as inconsequential, then I thought I was. Also, the Warren Jeffs trial, and listening to interviews of people in his Utah community, has me a little jaded toward Christians right now. Two very different groups.....I was unused to Christians before moving here enough to think they were all basically the same....hahaha.....but there seems to be a disturbing similarity. I know this does not include all Christians, and I know some who are not like this at all, but it would make me very happy to see them get together and put a stop to this type of bullying and abuse. It is unacceptable.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the incident in your original blog is more political and not so religious. The male student involved was probably a son, nephew, ect. to someone in power. All the incidents you speak of are disturbing. I have always told my children, there are good and bad in ALL groups. This includes occupations, social, economic, race, and religious.

Juli Henry said...

I agree; politics prolly was involved, at some level. I just felt outraged for that poor girl, whose body and life have been changed by that situation, politics or not. And asking a student who has been bullied and sexually assualted to understand the politics involved in the bully getting away with it is just plain cruel. Sadly, the only folks I have come across in my existance who use collectively use sex to bully people who, by dint of vulnerability, will never fit in with everyone else, are Christians. I'm not saying others aren't out there; this is just what I have observed. I think if the Midwest rinsed some of the religion out of it's schools, less of this would happen.

Juli Henry said...

Once again, I am going to deviate from my usual policy of not publishing the stupider sounding comments containing profanity and guff just to show the world what I am objecting to. Also to teach my children how NOT to write or talk. And, as this post to which you so ignorantly respond is about a child getting raped by a bully at school, I think you have a lot of nerve! The wrong kind..........If I don't like midwestern schools encouraging and allowing illicit sex on their premises during school hours, I will post about it, and I will never shut up about it. So there, ignorant fool. How do you like that?