Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Parents In Spain Throw Child Away

What the HELL is going on in the world, these days? I just noticed this article on Yahoo News. Here; I think I will just paste the whole, short article here:

MADRID (AP) — An official says a 2-year-old girl has been rescued from a dumpster after her parents abandoned her.

He says residents of the southeastern town of Cabezo de Torres were alarmed by sobbing sounds coming from the garbage container late Saturday and after removing several plastic bags of refuse found the girl "crying, sweating and with panic showing in her face."

The toddler's parents have been identified and arrested, and are awaiting trial on suspicion of having abandoned a minor, the official said Sunday on condition of anonymity in keeping with ministry rules."

Ya know.........Birth control IS available in Spain, just like it's available in the United States. I realize that there is a whole ocean, plus over a thousand miles of land mass in between me and where this little girl was found; but damn, couldn't someone have just brought her to me, before literally throwing her away? While I cannot possibly keep every child I fall in love with, I know that there are people out there who can and will, and before I would see a child, especially one who is old enough to remember the event, discarded in a trash dumpster, I will gladly help that child find a new home. I am pretty sure that I speak for many people, the world over. This should never have happened to this little girl.

No comments: