Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Friday, March 15, 2013

A Letter To Kansas Superintendant About A School Staff That Favors Criminals Over Decent People

For the sake of documentation, I always publish my letters to the superintendant of my childrens' school. That makes documentation easy to obtain at a moment's notice, and it's also an interesting snapshot of how schools are run in Northeast Kansas. I have attempted to protect such information as whole names or proper nouns.
 
 
 
Dear Mr. FXXX,
Yesterday, at school, my daughter, RXXX, had an interaction with another student, SXXX, that required an incident report. SXXX had an injury to his leg that was healing, and RXXX noticed a scab and asked him about it. He asked her what she was talking about, and she touched the scab. He winced, and then claimed that he had reinjured himself. Mrs. XXXX did not think that the incident was worthy of an indicent report at first, and knew that RXXX was not attempting to harm SXXX, so she let it go. Later, that evening, while I was driving home from elsewhere in this town, I noticed that a vehicle was following me. When I parked in front of my house, SXXX's mother, Janet HXXX, stopped in the middle of the road for a minute, and then pulled in front of my van and parked her car. She and SXXX got out, and proceeded to hollar, blame, cry fake tears, and told me that RXXX should "have to go to court" because it was her fault he winced and got hurt. I asked for documentation, and they had none. I told them that the conversation was over, and they stayed and continued to yell. I went inside, and called Mrs. XXXX and got her version of events, which is what I think Janet HXXX should have done. If she was upset enough to seek me out after school was over for the day, why did not Dean DXXX or Tom SXXX handle it, and if truly necessary, call me to the school and discuss it there with RXXX, Janet, SXXX, and myself? Leaving Janet to the wind was wrong; she should have had recourse to the school. If she did have recourse to the school officials yet chose to harass me anyway, then she committed a crime, and I will follow up on it.

 
I spoke with Sheriff Dan HXXXX this afternoon about my encounter with her. He told me he would visit her and tell her to leave me alone. Yet, when I went to see my daughters in the school play tonight, she was there! Why? I asked Dianna YXXX and Tom SXXX what the procedures are when the sheriff tells someone to stay away from someone else, and I am the injured party here......she's the one who came to me wanting to harass me, not the other way around. Tom SXXX yelled at me and denied any responsibility and Dianna YXXX told me that she called the sheriff herself and was told that Dan and I never talked. I called the police on my cell phone (she would not let me use the school phone) and they told me that they did not tell her that. The police have no reason to tell me something that isn't true, so as far as I'm concerned, I was lied to by Dianna YXXX. Tom SXXX does have a measure of responsibility for incidents such as the one that happened between RXXX and SXXX, and his behavior was unprofessional. Dianna YXXX also told me that Janet told her that she never even confronted me about the incident, and that I was lying. I guess it's easy to get away with things like that when documentation does not take place. Once again, I do not fault Mrs SXXX for not writing an incident report because she didn't think it was necessary, but if a parent was as upset as Janet was last night, wanting to blame me, even though I was nowhere near the school when it happened, why didn't Dean call me to talk to me and RXXX at the same time about it? Someone did a crappy job of handling the whole thing, and it wasn't me.

 
Because Janet harassed and stalked me, I intend to follow it up with the police. I would really appreciate it if your school personnel would keep their opinions that I am "a bad person", or that "what I said wasn't true" to themselves. Also, if I get a restraining order against her, or if the sheriff tells her to leave me alone, I think I should be the one to be able to enjoy sharing my childrens' education with them, while she leaves me alone. I think the school should be more concerned with protecting me, since she was willing to harass me after school hours without any documentation of what happened. I don't think anyone should blame me for being upset, and if they do, I think they should keep it to themselves. I do not drive to peoples' houses and scare them, she does. Please remind everyone to keep their obvious and unwarrented disrespect for me under wraps. My children are starting to notice, and I am tired of it.

 
I deserve an apology from Tom SXXX for the way he spoke to me, and since he did it in public, perhaps he should apologize in public.
 

No comments: