Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Sunday, March 10, 2013

In Case You Skipped Church On Sunday

Most of the prayers I know by heart begin with words such as "Open the door, Papa Legba", or appeals to other Voudon Dieties. How strange, for a white woman, such as myself. How could this have happened? Upon reflection, it occured to me that the reason for this is that when praying to the Voudon Dieties, or Loa, one sings. Voodoo, as a religion, is sung and danced, and one's love for one's Loa is not held inside, but expressed. One chants....one experiences.....and one communes. Even when a person who cannot carry a tune, such as myself, prays her heart out by singing with the Loa, They always hear. Always. They always make known Their Presence, and I always know that I am loved. And so, that is how I learned to pray. Thankyou, Papa Legba. You are wonderful.

Note to the unitiated: Never engage here without a fair sacrifice or gift, as all entities, both physical and nonphysical, seek equilibrium; and energy does not travel unnoticed from one source to another, without equal and possibly opposite reaction.

 

No comments: