Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Some Christian Wants Jesus To Dismantle This Blog

"Why are the posters here not asking Juli the real question... Juli, what is your religion and who do you worship? (Just check out her profile). Posters, why are you arguing with the enemy? Exercise your authority! I just prayed to Jesus Christ for Juli to know Him as Rescuer and Lord and if she rebelliously refuses for Him to dismantle her blog! btw & fyi... I stumbled on to this blog looking for more info on the man in the spotlight as he was in our church recently and we are proactively taking the steps to protect our children, in addition to the background checks and interviews that are already administered diligently and liberally. "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe to stumble, it would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he had been cast into the sea. Jesus Christ from Mark 9:42"
 
This was sent to me from someone who read this post, about a man named Hugh Cranford, who used to be a vicar at a Lutheran Church in Topeka, Kansas, but who is now charged with sexual crimes against children. While I laud this reader's efforts to protect children, I am a bit puzzled that I am somehow labeled "the enemy" in the reader's comment! What did I do??? I thought Hugh Cranford, the Christian minister who likes little boys, was the enemy here, not yours truly!
 
Let me take this statement by statement, if I may: I am NOT the "enemy". I never was; I never will be. What "authority" should the good Christians exercise? I merely offered a commentary on the behaviors of certain Christian leaders, (this seems to happen more and more often in church) from the perspective of someone who is not a Christian. What, pray tell, is the problem here? Jesus Christ did not "rescue" me at any time during my life when I needed to make unusaul choices, and if he exists, he left me to my own devices many times and insisted that I learn to defend myself and make my own choices. Why would "Jesus" suddenly "rescue" me now, and from whom?
 
As for "rebellious"........you don't know the half of it, reader. But then, Jesus, if he existed, was rather rebellious, wasn't he? Just ask the mainstream Jews of his time! I come from a long line of revolutionary thinkers, and none of us are about to stop now. But seriously, is alerting the community about a dangerous Christian pastor really that revolutionary or rebellious? As soon as the vicar is convicted, the "rebellious" sex offender registry will do the same!
 
If Jesus is real, he will not dismantle my blog, or anyone else's blog. In this country, we have what is called "freedom of speech", which is covered by the first amendment of our country's Constitution. I can look at stuff in the news and blog about it, if I so choose. I also do not have to represent your viewpoint, or anyone else's. This goes to the heart of the reason I will never convert to a religion like Christianity. The Christian church, as a whole, thrives on conformity, and members who are good at pleasing their leaders. That is one of the reasons that people like Hugh Cranford are able to get away with sexual abuses of children. Anyone who blows the whistle on a pastor is held in contempt by the sheeple of the temple, and anyone who cannot blend in with the masses is often targeted for abuse and hate. Did you not just prove that by sending me such a mean spirited comment?
 
I am myself. I will always be myself. Jesus would certainly never ask me to stop being who I am. In fact, he would hate it if I stopped being who I am. I am a good person, and would have to drop at least sixty IQ points in order to attend a Christian church happily, and no diety with whom I have ever worked would ever ask me to do a thing like that. No one asks me about my religion, or who I "worship", because it is not relevant to the post you read. In fact, those things are not relevant to most of the things I write. They would only be relevant to someone looking for a reason to hate me, encourage others to hate me, and possibly burn me at the stake.
 
By the way, I have never encountered a diety who desires "worship". Such an action is counterproductive to healthy relationships.

 
 

No comments: