Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers Day, Dad

Happy Fathers Day, Dad. I cannot begin to tell you how much I have missed you, over the years. You were a brilliant and interesting man, in your brief lifetime as my Dad, and you taught me so much! One pleasure that I truly feel cheated of is the ability to introduce you to your beautiful and very smart grandchildren, and eagerly show you pictures of them. I also think of you with every trophy, every graduation, every milestone, and every acheivement. You still had so much to offer when you died; it really wasn't fair.

Thankyou for believing in me, Dad. Thankyou for teaching me everything you taught me. Thankyou, especially, for teaching me not to judge myself by what other people think. I hope every day that you are proud of me.

Here's my Dad, with his Dad, a long time ago.

3 comments:

Ruthie Rader said...

You are so beautiful to meeeee. LOLz! :D

Your blog is looking great!! And your writing is epic, girl.

I love what you wrote about your dad and the photo is so sweet*

Ruthie Rader said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Juli Henry said...

Awwww.....thatnkyou, Ruthie! The pic is from 1923!