Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Monday, June 6, 2011

Rick Santorum Running For President?

Rick Santorum thinks he may run for president. I guess I should have seen this coming. I guess, as conservative, republican candidates go, he's ok...........he could always be worse; but here's my question about him: why, oh why, does his religion have to enter into so many of the statements he makes concerning the general public; and why, oh why, is religion an avowed focal point of his professional decision-making? I respect his religion and what he claims it has done for his family, I really do. But I have my own religion, and it differs from his. If he were president, I would be very nervous about my country being run by his religious notions and ideas, which he has claimed should work for everyone. His religion will not work for me. I do not want it forced upon me at all, I do not want my children pressured at school, or anywhere else, by proponants of Santorum's religion. Any time he enters a public building, forum, or venue to serve the population at large, he needs to check his religion at the door.

No comments: