Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Friday, June 17, 2011

Newsflash Adam Herrman Update

Well. Court on June 21 of this year for the Herrmans, those wonderful, Christian adoptive parents approved by Kansas Social Rehabilitative Services, has been called off. Doug and Valerie Herrman went ahead and copped a guilty plea. They will pay restitution of $15,000, after stealing over $50,000 of Adam's money, and pay a $2,500 fine. Wow. Theft and embezzlement must be legal in Kansas. They didn't even have to discuss the last time they saw Adam or try to help locate him as part of the deal. I realize that this is how "things have been done for years and years" in Kansas, and that this little boy did not really matter to anyone in the community, (he matters to me, though........I will be up front with everyone about that!) but doesn't he still have rights? Such as the right to be looked for when missing? Or the right to his parents or adult siblings when the state's crappy foster care arrangements don't work out? Oh....I keep forgetting......no one knows better than the state...........where's the eye rolley when I need it??

Here is the information about today's plea from Doug and Valerie. The sentencing is on August 1. I may still go to that, since Adam's story moves me, and I feel that Adam deserves to have a mother sitting in court just for him, even if it is not his own mother. I am hoping that his own mother will be there for him, too, along with the rest of his natural family. I also want to make one more thing clear with my presence: it is NOT acceptable for Kansas to just allow foster and adopted children to endure abuse after abuse in these good Christian, approved homes and families. And it is NOT acceptable for foster and adopted children to go missing or turn up murdered at the hands of these so-called "parents", I don't care how long Kansas has "done things that way" or how cultural it is here! I intend to write a letter to the Butler County, Kansas State's Attorney, as well, to inform them of my dissatisfaction with the way this case has been handled. At that time, I will also share it with you, on this blog.

Here is a picture of young Adam Herrman, and an age enhanced picture.




No comments: