Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Sunday, June 26, 2011

More Totally Crazy, Very Bad News

A man in Oklahoma, named Shaun Bosse just stole a police car. He was in the process of escaping from jail, and had just overpowered two deputies, when he saw an opportunity to grab the cop car and go. So off he went. It may sound amusing, but this man was in jail for stabbing a woman whom he had been dating for about two weeks, and her eight year old son to death, then setting their trailer on fire and killing the woman's six year old daughter, as well. Here's the story.

Ok; call me old fashioned if you will, but as many elements of this story that simply seem completely wrong, this is the one that bothers me the most: "According to court documents, Bosse told investigators that he and Griffin had been dating for about two weeks, KOCO said."

Why do single, divorced, and widowed women immediately re-enter the dating circuit and allow men they don't know, or don't know very well, access to their children?

 Don't tell me that I do not know what it's like to bring up children alone, because I do. I divorced my childrens' father when my children were four, two, and eight months old. Even though my ex was found guilty of domestic violence in criminal court, the family law court judge in West Virginia denied my children child support, in part because I testified against my husband when supenoed by the criminal court system to do so, and in part, because my four year old answered the policeman's questions when my ex was arrested. She thought my four year old, now named the valedictorian of her class, btw, was a bad kid, and was disinclined to entitle her to any of her father's support. And this judge actually had the audacity to tell me this to my face............so I think I may know something about doing without the supports that are usually in place for folks who parent alone. Since it was seven years before I got married again, carefully dating only a couple of people, who did not meet my children until I had known them for at least a year or more, I think I also know a thing or two about bringing up children by myself. I had my share of financial woes, but I also bought a car and a house, while standing on my own two feet. I can honestly say that I did not need a man! I only added one to my life when I found that I had a friend who would never let me down and a partner who loves me. He is also fond of gardening, which is something I LOVE to do. I have known him for many years, and I did not immediately bring him into my childrens' lives, even after I realized that I am in love with him.

So what IS it with these single women who bring men they have just met a couple of weeks ago home to their children???? Has common sense gone out of style, along with written thankyou letters and table manners? I have a step mother who keeps telling me that I am too much of a prude, and that I am too strict with my children, and........this is precious, she keeps telling me that "everyone in Europe is more permissive about dating", and going by that criteria, she predicted that I would never find a partner who loved me. But you know what? Had I been so busy falling for every guy who made a pass at me while I was busy being the only parent my children had, I never would have formed a true partnership with my wonderful husband. Haha....not even if we both lived in Europe, where "everyone does it"!

Mr. Shaun Bosse is still on the run, so here is his picture.


No comments: