Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Monday, October 17, 2011

Pediatric Nonmedicine In Marysville, Kansas

Today, I have a child home from school, sick. He's been sick since Friday, and needs to be seen by a doctor. There has also been an outbreak of MRSA (antibiotic resistant staph) at a couple of area schools, and I am concerned. Apparently, the receptionist, telephone answerer.........or whatever she is..........didn't hear me when I said I needed to either bring my son in today or go to the hospital, and told me she would have a nurse call me back. A nurse did not call me back, I called them back. They wanted my phone number again. I asked them why they needed it again, since it is on all of my records, and I was, at that moment, on the phone with them. I asked them once again, "Do you have an appointment open, or should I take my child to the emergency room?" The telephone answerer informed me that it is now a "nursing duty" to schedule appointments! Since this is more of a secretarial duty in my world, I can only conclude that this is a lie. But if it is a nursing duty, I think from now on, I will take my children to a clinic where nursing duties are more medical and less secretarial or clerical.

Another interesting item from this encounter was that both the "secretarial nurse" and the "telephone answerer" told me that my landline telephone was not working when they "tried" to call me back. Yet my husband, who works about half a mile away from them, telephoned my landline a couple of minutes after I got off the phone with the clinic. I had a conversation with him on my "nonfunctioning" landline. They had the correct telephone number, too. So.......I think it is safe to, once again, conclude that this is a lie.

All you had to do, Community Physicians Clinic in Marysville, Kansas, was simply tell me that you could not schedule my son today. Then I would have taken him to a different clinic associated with you, (I really don't care how far I have to drive, either; I love my son) or taken him to the emergency room. You don't have to lie to me or act unprofessional.

No comments: