Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Monday, January 21, 2013

True Nelson Says What?


Usaully, the writer of the blog, True At True, offers an intelligent, commonsense opinion about his chosen topics. I enjoy reading his commentaries. But his most recent post, written on January 18, about the Kyron Horman case, surprised me. Somehow, he is putting forth an idea that Desiree Young, Kyron's mother, moved the court requesting that the civil lawsuit she filed against Terri Horman, her son's stepmother, be abated. Here's a quote:

"It is my understanding that concurrent with Desiree Young requesting ‘abatement’ in said civil case there were three additional factors in play: DeDe Spicher was scheduled to testify before the Judge regarding her (DeDe’s) refusal to fully cooperate during her deposition – citing the Fifth Amendment; Desiree and her husband Tony, as well as Kaine Horman, were scheduled to be deposed; and Desiree had requested (through her attorney) a protective order regarding mental health records."

While the lawsuit has been delayed by a few months, Desiree Young certainly did not make that request of the court. In fact, the motion was filed by an outside party, specifically the office of the Multnomah County District Attorney. As for the suggestions that the reason for the delay was the information contained in medical records, mental health information in particular, Young's team fought for that information to be revealed in court, and is in no way attempting to block it. The reference to the testimony of DeDe Spicher was also a bit misleading, since no information at all about her testimony, other than her comments while answering questions, was ever analyzed for the public. The judge who permitted the delay spoke of protecting witnesses, but did not name anyone.

Here's more, explaining an imaginary role played by Steve Houze, Terri Horman's criminal attorney:

"If you were Attorney Houze, how would you attempt to defuse Desiree Young’s civil suit? Why not dig up anything and everything you can about Desiree or Kaine? What if information was developed on one or both of them that would not only cause them embarrassment, but additionally cast suspicion on them?"

Steve Houze will undoubtedly attempt to do some of those things if and when Terri Horman finds herself in criminal court, as a defendant. But he is not representing Terri Horman in this lawsuit. Why is this blogger imagining that Steve Houze is trying to "cast suspicion" on Kaine Horman, Desiree Young, or Tony Young? Not only has this already been done, time and time again, as Kyron has been missing for over two years, it also doesn't matter what "suspicions" can be cast on them. They happen to be the three adults in Kyron's life who love him and want him home. Because of that, they are at cross purposes with Houze's client, who does not love Kyron and apparently does not want Kyron home. Who cares about how, or in what ways, any of them might not be perfect? Why should any of them care, also, about any muckraking or character assasinations Houze might do? Every time I listen to Desiree Young talk about Kyron, I only hear a mother who wants her missing son found. I don't think she cares what any lawyer digs up about her.


3 comments:

Marlee said...

I just left a message for True, I hope he publishes it. Whoever it was that posted the hateful comment supporting True in his delusion has an axe to grind. He's off his chain.

True Nelson said...

Juli,

I was surfing the web and came across your blog. I wasn't aware that you had one. I did find it interesting. I know you have, at times, left comments on my blog - which I have always appreciated. Regarding my comments about Desiree, I suppose those comments, to which you referred, appeared somewhat unsympathetic to Desiree. I did not mean it to be. I've talked to Desiree in the past and she seems like a nice person, a sincere person. However, my comments, regarding the Kyron case, were meant as an unemotional analysis of a complex investigation that seems almost unique (both the criminal and civil) - at least in my opinion. None of us really know what is going on - particularly the various attorneys' strategies. I believe that there are undercurrents and as yet undefined motives in what has thus far been revealed to the public. We'll see. I wish you well. I will stop by your blog now and then.

True Nelson

Juli Henry said...

I understand, but as a mother, stepmother, and legal guardian, I can tell you that Terri's lack of action in terms of finding Kyron isn't natural. It really does not matter how a child came to live in my home, if that child needs something, then that child needs something. Kyron needs to be found, and Terri did not appear to want to help. Love is love, and if Terri really loves Kyron, she should look for him.