Siriunsun

My photo
In An Age Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.......George Orwell

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Vicar Hugh Cranford Should Pick On Someone His Own Size

A few months ago, I posted about a Lutheran vicar, by the name of Hugh Cranford, who was charged with indecent liberties with a minor. Today, he had his preliminary hearing. The information that was shared at that time was rather disturbing, and should have been shared immediately when the kindly vicar was charged. His crime was not one of simply dating a young woman one or two months shy of her eighteenth birthday.....he is actually charged with molesting two brothers, one ten years old, the other, thirteen years old, while he was staying in their parents' home. Not only was I shocked at the number of comments I got from various parts of Northeast Kansas, some of them unprintable, defending this man, I am very disappointed that none of the publications reporting on this matter felt that any Christian parents in the area deserved to be warned about this minister. Coverage was cursory at best; very little information about the nature of the charges was available. Cranford's church and the  media in Kansas went out of their way to cover for him. This man is free on 250,000 bail; that means he is free to re-offend until the judge throws down the gavel in a verdict at some future date. Christians, don't get your pastors at Kmart.

Update: The reverend is expected in court on May 6, 2013.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where can I see the aligations that mention the victims. I have been following the case and cannot find them.

Juli Henry said...

The link above, from Topeka Capitol Journal, has the only information I have been able to find about the victims; and believe me...when I read it, I was horrified.

Juli Henry said...

Ok; I put in a new link. The only thing I will differ with is that the Statesman describes the boys as being 7 and 9 now, but they were really 7 and 9 when it happened.